For those of you who likes photography, especially taking pictures in street view or of public infrastructure, and uploading or even just storing those pictures. There’s an application to help you share the pictures you took, and moreover, those pictures can help many that need them. Of course you have known and tried street view of online map that has been familiar with many. But do you know that we can make our own street view map, from pictures we took from our own mobile phone or camera. These things are possible with Mapillary:
Mapillary is a community, where you can share and explore pictures mainly for people who likes street view pictures. If you want to share pictures you took from your mobile phone, you can download Mapillary application in AppStore, Google Play, and Windows Phone for free. To use this application, we have to have an account that can be sign here: https://www.mapillary.com/map/signup. If you don’t want to register via email, there are several options to get into Mapillary, you can use facebook and ArcGIS account .
In Mapillary website you can access the map with street view photo and public infrastructure, the photo shown may not display personal information such as the identities and photos that show the face people. If we inadvertently collect this information then automatically mapillary will filter and will not appear in mapillary map. You can browse the map mapillary and navigate to the area you want. If the existing street view in your area will be marked with green lines as shown below. To view an image in more detail, click on the photo and you like walking down the pathway.
In addition, the website also contained mapillary guide, community information, blogs, and profile settings. If you are using a digital camera, you can upload the photo through the site by clicking the account profile in the upper right corner, and select Manual upload.
The next step we will download Mapillary application on mobile phone for free. This example, for android users, can be downloaded through the play store. Open play store, then find Mapillary, click the icon and install.
Before you begin using the Mapillary, you must make sure that the mobile phone GPS is active. Here are the steps for using the application mapillary :
Also you can show the street view on mapillary website (https://www.mapillary.com/map/search/).
Also the image mapillary can use as source information to add OpenStreetMap data. You can use the editor JOSM and described to form fields in an object presets OSM. This is very useful if you have limited time for survey. For example to update road conditions, street name, and building information (structure, number of floors, building name). Here are the steps for using mapillary as resources OpenStreetMap data:
2. If the picture has not been uploaded, you can open the image by moving into the laptop or computer, then open the image via JOSM by clicking File> Import pictures
3. The pictures will be opened as layer data and you can upload to mapillary with click File > Upload pictures, you have to login with mapillary account, click Edit > Preferences > Display Settings > Mapillary > Login.
4. Let’s begin to input source from pictures to OSM data. You can download OSM data with File > Download from OSM > search your place > OK, for download OSM data. Currently you have two layers consist of Mapillary layer and OSM data layer.
To bring up the picture as the image above, You can click Windows menu > Mapillary pictures. Then click one of the green icon Mapillary, so the picture will appear in Mapillary windows.
5. Currently you can start to input OSM data form the picture, with see and describe information from pictures and input on presets JOSM. For example the image above, we get information about type of road and public facilities in the park.
6. After you finish editing OSM data, you can upload the data by click File > Upload data.